The fall 2015 COHRI meeting was held on September 27 – 29, 2015 at the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco, CA.
- The Medicine Experience Quality Measures, Dashboards, Interoperability; the UCSF SOD Interoperability Project
- How does AxiUm do quality metrics and Interoperability
- The Willamette Dental Group Experience Clinical decision support, quality measures/dashboards
- COHRI Medical and Dental Forms
- Dental Diagnostic Terminologies (DDS, SNOMED, SNODENT and ICD): Making Sense of the Acronyms and using them in axiUm
- COHRI Standardized CAMBRA and Clinical Decision Support in axiUm
- Use of CAMBRA CariScreen Caries Susceptibility Test to Monitor Oral Cavity Microbial Response during Head & Neck Cancer Therapy
- Use of DDS Terminology and Dental Students’ Critical Thinking
- Achieving Adoption of DxTMs (Dental Diagnostic Terminologies); Dissemination, Implementation, Barriers, Solutions
- E- portfolios: Status quo, Implementation Experiences, Barriers, Solutions
- BigMouth, Data Integration and Data Repository
PI: Spallek, Rindal
Dates: 2014 – 2015
Title: Computer Assisted Tobacco Intervention for Dental Providers
PI: Walji, M
NIDCR: AHRQ RFA- 1R01HS024406
Dates: 2015 – 2018
Title: Measuring Occurrence of and Disparities in Dental Clinic Adverse Events
PI: Boyer, B.
Co-Inv: Kalenderian, E., Walji, MF
Dates: 2015 – 2016
Title: EHR System with Optimized Dental Diagnostic Terminology
Reed SG, Adibi SS, Coover M, Gellin RG, Wahlquist AE, AbdulRahiman A, Hamil LH, Walji MF, O’Neill P, Kalenderian E:
Does use of an electronic health record with dental diagnostic system terminology promote dental students’ critical thinking?
Journal of Dental Education, 2015, Jun; 79(6): 686-696
Ramoni RB, Walji MF, Kim S, Tokede O, McClellan L, Simmons K, Skourtes E, Yansane A, White JM, Kalenderian E:
Attitudes and beliefs toward the use of a dental diagnostic terminology – A survey of dental providers in a dental practice.
J Am Dent Association 2015, June, 146(6): 390-7
Enihomo M. Obadan, E.M., Ramoni, R.B., Kalenderian, E.:
Lessons learnt from Dental Patient Safety Case Reports.
J Am Dent Association 2015, May, 146(5): 318-26
Rush W, Schleyer TKL, Kirshner M, Boyle R, Thoele MJ, Lenton P, Asche S, Thyvalikakath TP, Spallek H, Durand E, Enstad C, Huntley C, Rindal DB:
Integrating tobacco dependence counseling into electronic dental records: a multi-method approach.
Journal of Dental Education, 2014, 78(1): 31–39
Spallek H, von Bergmann H:
Should Laptops Be Allowed in the Classroom? Two Viewpoints: Viewpoint 1: Laptops in Classrooms Facilitate Curricular Advancement and Promote Student Learning and Viewpoint 2: Deconstruc;ng and Rethinking the Use of Laptops in the Classroom.
Journal of Dental Education, 2014, 78 (12):1580-1588
Kalenderian, E., Walji M.F., Ramoni, R.B.:
Applying HCI Principles in Designing Usable Systems for Dentistry in Cognitive Informatics for Biomedicine Human Computer Interaction in Healthcare.
Vimla L. Patel, Thomas G. Kannampallil, David R. Kaufman, Editors. Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-17271-2 September 2015