COHRI was excited to join the Clinical, Financial and IT Consortiums for the Dental Consortiums Mid-Year Meeting hosted by the University of Tennessee, College of Dentistry in Memphis from September 3-5, 2014.
Highlights of the COHRI Track included:
- Dr. Elsbeth Kalenderian, gave the keynote presentation entitled “Diagnosis Driven Dentistry” encouraging the adoption and utilization of a standardized dental diagnostic terminology (DDS terminology).
- Dr. Heiko Spallek, Dr. Elsbeth Kalenderian, Mr. Chuck McBrearty, Mr. Joray Espiritu and Mr. Ryan Brandon provided the group with an overview of the Stage 1 and 2 Meaningful Use Requirements.
- Dr. Bob Gellin and Mr. Ryan Brandon delivered an informative presentation on HL7, EPIC and other HIS Interfaces bringing to light some of the complications involved.
- Dr. Martin Donaldson opened the COHRI breakout session with an engaging presentation entitled “University of TN Dental Research Overview” and encouraged participants to share EHR research experiences.
- Dr. Muhammad Walji, Mr. Ryan Brandon and Dr. Lyle McClellan presented a session on “Dental Decision Support” which reviewed the current state of decision support to improve care, how decision support can be implemented within axiUm, and case study of the use of decision support at the Willamette Dental Group.
- Dr. Bob Gellin, Dr. Joel White, Dr. Nici Kimmes, Dr. Heiko Spallek, Dr. Elsbeth Kalenderian and Dr Muhammad Walji led small-group discussions on how COHRI members can get involved with current research and educational projects.
- Dr. Mike Kanellis, Ms. Melissa Tangen, Ms. Jill Townsend and Ms. Diane Nixon presented on “Medicaid Expansion Relative to the Affordable Care Act” to wrap-up the COHRI track.